Becoming a BMES National member comes with many benefits for both the individual member as well as the GT Chapter as a whole. Having enough students from GT BMES registered as National members helps communicate to Nationals that we are both an active and popular chapter that deserves to maintain its charter from year to year.
The personal benefits you will reap from joining the National BMES are as follows:
- Points that go towards your GT BMES participation points
- A small $30/yr membership fee (a non-student membership fee is $200)
- Access to scholarships providing transportation for you to the Annual BMES National Conference
- Access to volunteer opportunities at the Annual BMES Conference
- Access to competing for different awards (click for a list)
- Mentoring opportunities from professionals
- Access to career development events held regionally throughout the year
- Access to Biomedical Engineering Journals like Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology (CVET), Cellular & Molecular Bioengineering (CMBE), and Biomedical Engineering News
- Online resume writing, networking, and interviewing workshops
To join BMES Nationals, please follow this link. Under “membership options” select “student” and then click next, following the instructions.
GT BMES will have no way of knowing if you have joined nationals or not without you reaching out and contacting our secretary. This means you will not receive your GT BMES points unless you communicate with us. Once you have successfully created an account and paid your dues for BMES nationals, please email Marissa D’Souza at firstname.lastname@example.org giving her your first and last name and your BMES National ID number. This member ID number can be found under “My Profile” which is also the first page you will see upon logging in to the Nationals website.